11 Mar 2007

iTune + Foobar 2000

iTune+Foobar using Multi-Plugin Pass-Through

Over the holiday I installed iTunes and Multi-plugin configured multi-plugin to use "Foobar2000 passthrough". So I have iTune as UI and Foobar 2000 as playback engine.

Multi-plugin official site as below:http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=41188

So I have iTunes 7.0.2 -> Multi-Plugin 2.5.1 -> Foobar 0.9.4.2 -> RME 9632 ASIO and it works ok.

Some notes though:

1. I don't know whether it is my illusion but I find pure foobar ASIO output is somewhat very slightly better than iTune->multi-plugin->foobar ASIO. Theoratically this shouldn't happen. The ultra high frequency of iTune seems quite strange.

2. I have to re-install a clean foobar with just ASIO and SRC to get multi-plugin to work properly.

3. I also minimize the buffer on both foobar and RME 9632 to just around 100-200ms

No comments: